Terms And Conditions
In making a booking, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and are acknowledging and accepting risk for the activity you, or those you are representing or responsible for, are booked in to undertake. Please read the following carefully.
It is a condition of booking that our 'Risk Acknowledgement and Release of Liability" form is completed by each individual and is signed and returned to Branch Out Travel.
"You" indicates the person/s or parties booked onto one of our experiences. The individual making the booking, assumes responsibility and therefore acknowledges and consents to our terms & conditions on behalf of the group or party. "We" or 'Us" indicates Branch Out Travel.
It is a condition of booking that our 'Risk Acknowledgement and Release of Liability" form is completed by each individual and is signed and returned to Branch Out Adventures.
Cancellation of confirmed booking by us
Branch Out Travel reserves the right to amend or cancel dates of experiences if our minimum attendance numbers are not met. If this occurs, we will offer an alternative date and if this is not acceptable a full refund will be paid.
Health & Fitness
In order that you get the most out of any Branch Out experience, we ask you to divulge any medical or health related matters 14 days in advance of your experience. For some experiences, we may ask you questions about your mental health and fitness to ensure that you get the most out of your adventure.
Globally, weather is becoming more erratic and unpredictable and we cannot be held responsible for any disruption caused to your experience because of bad weather conditions.
If you change your booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your booking arrangements in any way, for example your chosen course date, we will endeavor to meet your wishes to the best of our ability, subject to availability. The following charges will apply, in respect of any change:
Notified more than 90 days prior to departure: an additional $50.00 administration fee
Notified 30-60 days prior to departure: an additional 50% of the total invoiced
Notified up to 30 days prior to departure: an additional 100% of the total invoiced
If you cancel your booking
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent on your behalf must be received at our offices, and cancellation is effective from the day we receive this notification. Since we incur costs, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below. If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Notified 90-30 days before departure 50%
Notified 30-14 days before departure 60%
Notified 14-0 days before departure 100%
Alterations that we make to your booking
It is unlikely that we will make any changes to your booking, but we do plan arrangements well in advance. Occasionally, we need to make changes which we reserve the right to do at any time. Most changes are minor, and we will advise you at your earliest possible date. When a major change occurs, such as a change to your date, we will either work with you to find an alternative and mutually convenient date or provide you with a full refund.
Wherever possible, we will take photos of our adventures and adventurers. Any images relating to your experience/s can be purchased on a compact disc by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following price guide.
Up to 1-10 images - $15.00
Up to 10-20 images - $25.00
Multiple experiences - $35.00
In accepting our terms & conditions, you agree to the use of all photographs for future marketing or promotional activity by Branch Out Travel or Branch Out Adventures. However, we absolutely respect your privacy and therefore, if you would not like your image or those of your party members to be used, please inform us at email@example.com.
Complaints & Feedback
We will endeavor to make your experience as trouble-free and as enjoyable as possible, but there are occasions where plans can go wrong. If you experience a problem, please inform your instructor immediately and if we are unable to resolve this at that point in time, please follow up in writing within 14 days of the conclusion of your experience.
Terms and Conditions for participating in Branch Out Travel adventures - Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
1. In consideration for Branch Out Travel (“Branch Out”) providing me with any services associated with the activity or activities, I agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. I acknowledge that the activity or activities I am about to undertake may be hazardous or dangerous and there is inherent and significant risks including risk of injury, disability or death.
3. I accept and assume all liability for the risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of loss, damage, injury or death from, and in any way associated with, participation in any activity or activities now and in the future.
4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Branch Out will not be liable for any and all loss or damage I may sustain from, or in any way connected with, the activity or activities including any liability for personal injury or death.
5. Branch Out may contract with third parties to provide you with an activity or activities. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Branch Out will not be liable for any loss or damage I may sustain from, or in any way connected with, the activity or activities provided by third parties, including any liability for personal injury or death.
6. Branch Out does not intend to affect any rights granted by the Australian Consumer Law, Corporations Act or other consumer protection laws. To the extent any liability arises under any warranty, guarantee or other term provided by statute, including any warranties, guarantees or other terms that may arise under the Australian Consumer Law, Branch Out’s liability is expressly limited to:
a. supplying the services again; or
b. payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
7. I agree that these terms and conditions shall also apply to any subsequent participation in any activity or activities and the subsequent provision of services by Branch Out and shall be binding on my heirs, next of kin, dependents, executors, administrators and assigns.
8. I agree that these terms and conditions shall also apply to any related or associated activity, supply of goods, provision of services, carriage or transportation to or from or connected with any activity or activities.
9. I also undertake and acknowledge that I have not relied on any representation or statement made by Branch Out or its agents in connection with the activity or provision of services when deciding to participate in the activity or activities.
10. I agree to comply with all rules and directions made or given by Branch Out staff or agents in connection with any activity or activities. I agree that if I fail to comply, I will not be permitted to continue with the activity and no refund will be given.
11. I fully understand the purpose of these terms and conditions is to exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law all liability for death or injury and I agree that this document must be interpreted to achieve that purpose, and in any dispute, must be interpreted against me and in favour of Branch Out. I acknowledge and understand that personal accident and life insurance is obtainable and waive any claim through me, by any insurer in my name or on my behalf.
12. If any part of this document shall be contrary to law or void, in whole or in part, it shall be read down to the extent necessary in the relevant jurisdiction for its validity but shall otherwise operate to the full extent permitted by law in each and every jurisdiction.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the state of Victoria and in the event of any action arising out of or connected with participation in an activity or activities, the action shall be commended only in the courts of Victoria and I agree that I must bring any action within one year from the last day of my participation in that activity.
Data Protection & Privacy
In order that your experience runs smoothly and meets your requirements, we may need to use the information you provide such as name, address, special needs/ dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring the proper security measures are in place to protect your information. There may be occasions where we need to pass on personal information to 3rd party suppliers, transport companies, hotels and other accommodation etc. The information may also be provided to security, credit checking companies, public authorities such as emergency services, customs/ immigration if required by them or as required by law. We will not, however, pass any information to any person not responsible for a part in your experience. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of disabilities, or dietary/ religious requirements. In making this booking, you consent to relevant personal information being passed on to the relevant persons connected with your booking. Branch Out Travel acts as your data controller. You are entitled to a copy of the information held by us. If you would like a copy, please contact us (we may make a small charge for providing this to you.)
Please click the link to download a copy of our Terms & Conditions