22,987 Smiles/ 68,909 Miles
Established in 2014, Explorer Club's mission is to get kids active, outdoors and into nature.
Science has proven that time in nature reduces anxiety, stress and rapidly enhances in brain development - what's more it is simply fun to be outdoors! We facilitate outside time - providing room for exploration, risk taking, freedom and a deeper connection with nature. 1 in 5 kids suffers from anxiety in some way, providing a connection with nature is the perfect antidote with the added benefit that kids gain resilience, learn to be resourceful and learn valuable skills in how they interact with others.
Our own experience as parents has led us to believe that many holiday programs can be lack lustre, repetitive and leave kids feeling disinterested. Large groups often mean that some kids can be 'left behind' and staff don't have the time or resources to be able to re-connect these kids who get lost in the pack. Our approach is founded on the following principles and child safety standards:
- Kids are respected.
- We work in small groups and every child is an important member of the team.
- We only hire experienced, highly qualified staff who engage and coach kids.
- Our staff to student ratio is significantly improved on government standards.
- Our motto is S.H.I.N.E - Safety, Happiness, Inclusion, Never Give Up and Explore Without Boundaries.
Explore Without Boundaries
Variety is the key to engaging kids during the school holidays. Our school holiday experiences have included:
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Rock climbing and abseiling
- Wilderness survival skills
- Ball sports and active sports
- Raft making
How to find us
St Vincent's Gardens playground, Albert Park.
Near the corner of St Vincent Place South/ Merton Street
Mark McOnie - 0404841655
Sue Horkings -0405310056
Chris Brown - 0429 076 163
Register your interest
We fill up quickly and well in advance of school holidays. Each day is $135 per child which includes fresh fruit, a simple lunch and water.
A detailed list of what to bring will be sent to you during the booking process.